Submit an Application
Please send a detailed description of the route you would like to bolt to email@example.com. (Read program guidelines here.) It’s best if you, as your first draft, first compile all the necessary information asked for within OSMP’s official form (doc or PDF), as this is what will be submitted for FHRC review and—ultimately if the route passes—for OSMP approval. The FHRC can assist you in compiling this information, as well as offer sample applications from past cycles to use as templates.
Necessary information for the OSMP New Route form includes:
• A photocopy or diagram of the rock formation with the proposed route drawn in.
• A description of existing routes on the same face of the rock formation, including the number of routes, route names, route grade, type (traditional or bolted), and approximate distance between routes (a photocopy or diagram of the existing route[s] is required).
• A description of the approach. (Include approximate distance from the designated trail system, existing “social” or undesignated trails leading to the climb and condition of the trail, and state whether there is a durable surface, such as rock. Include photographs of the approach.)
• If different from the approach, a description of the descent. (Include approximate distance from the designated trail system, existing “social” or undesignated trails, a description of the trail condition and whether there is a durable surface, such as rock. Include photographs of the descent where applicable.)
• A description of the staging area at the base of the climb. (Include existing levels of soil compaction, existence of a durable surface such as rock, and existing soil erosion. Include photographs of the area at the base of the climb).